Academic Program and Research Associate, SCALE, Stanford Graduate School of Education
My professional experience include:
- Elementary teacher with culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Teacher educator preparing elementary teachers to work effectively as culturally and linguistically responsible educators
- Work on multiple research grant projects in schools in California with grade 4-6 teachers, students and student teachers to make science more equitable for historically underserved students, especially girls, students of color and English learners.
- Work on two grant projects to prepare student teachers and cooperating teachers to bring effective literacy practices in the science classroom
- Work at SCALE on academic language sections of performance assessment handbooks for edTPA
- Developing science language routines to embed within a K-6 and middle school science curriculum and developing and facilitating an accompanying professional development course for district educators focusing on the strategic use on the routines
Please get in touch with us.