Academic Program and Research Associate, SCALE, Stanford Graduate School of Education
My professional experience include:
- Elementary teacher with culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Teacher educator preparing elementary teachers to work effectively as culturally and linguistically responsible educators
- Work on multiple research grant projects in schools in California with grade 4-6 teachers, students and student teachers to make science more equitable for historically underserved students, especially girls, students of color and English learners.
- Work on two grant projects to prepare student teachers and cooperating teachers to bring effective literacy practices in the science classroom
- Work at SCALE on academic language sections of performance assessment handbooks for edTPA
- Developing science language routines to embed within a K-6 and middle school science curriculum and developing and facilitating an accompanying professional development course for district educators focusing on the strategic use on the routines