Professional Learning for Content Developers (Virtual)
In response to our partners, we are moving the Virtual Institute to March 2023.
$500 per person / $375 per person for teams of 3 or more.
For Content Developers. Teams of 3 - 4 are strongly encouraged.
At ELSF, we believe that every multilingual student should engage in learning that allows them to thrive academically. To achieve this vision, we partner with content developers interested in designing or refinings core learning materials that include the assets and needs of multilingual learners. Our upcoming mini-institute for content developers is an example of that partnership.
Join us in this 4-hour virtual foundational institute to dive deep into our research-based guidelines for high-quality instructional materials inclusive of multilingual learners. Participants will walk away with concrete knowledge of how to incorporate ELSF’s Guidelines in their instructional materials and identify their highest-leverage improvement areas.
- Learn about the research base for the design of the guidelines
- Gain knowledge and interact with the guidelines for their discipline in order to understand the architecture and the content and how they work together to support multilingual students in accessing grade-level content.
- Co-construct emerging examples or prototypes in instructional materials that are representative of core concepts in the Guidelines.
- Self-assess their current instructional materials and development processes against the guidelines in order to evaluate their strengths and areas of growth and/or make comparisons between their theory of action and ELSF’s.
See Proposed Agenda for further details.
- Understand current thinking and how it relates to research-based practices
- Dive Deep into the Structure and Content of ELSF’s Guidelines in ELA, Math & Science
- Explore an examples of ELSF’s Guidelines in materials
- Co-construct examples within content areas
- Self Assess Your Materials to highlight areas of improvement
Facilitators & Guest Speakers
- Leyla Bravo, Director, Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives, English Learners Success Forum
- Jack Dieckmann, Project Manager, English Learners Success Forum\
- Crystal Gonzales, Executive Director, English Learners Success Forum
- Colette Kang, EL Expert & ELSF consultant and Instructional Teacher Leader, Oakland Unified School District, Oakland, Calif.
- Renae Skarin, Senior Director, Content, English Learners Success Forum
- Lauren Stoll, EL Expert & ELSF consultant, SCALE Science, Stanford University
Please get in touch with us.