Position Title: Manager, Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Partnerships
Status: Full-time, exempt
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Manager of Partnerships will execute on the following areas of work. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list but outlines the major responsibilities of the role:
Partnership and Project Management
- Provide strategic planning and project support to the Director of Partnerships with the goal of seeking out and planning for future strategic partnerships.
- Manages potential partnership opportunities through the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to close.
- Work with the content and delivery team to ensure client satisfaction in order to retain current clients and attract new clients.
- Craft scopes of work in collaboration with other Managers and Directors.
- Support networking plans for the Director at conferences/events and identify key connections.
- Includes identifying key connections, gathering information about specific sessions that may be of interest, and helping to create presentation materials.
- Attend and facilitate remote prospecting meetings to engage new or repeat clients and pitch new services to meet their needs.
- Develop preparation material before partner meetings including scheduling calls, finding out the roles of those joining calls, and creating an agenda, keeping notes and updating CRM databases with relevant information.
- Take ownership of follow-up after partner meetings.
- Understand ELSF’s service offerings to be able to match services to client needs.
- Anticipate future challenges and risks and through collaboration with the Director, come up with strategies to address and mitigate them.
- Coordinate successful handoff to the content and delivery team to ensure overall coherence and satisfaction.
- Determine timelines, deliverables, communication protocols and roles.
- Develop, execute, refine and codify project management systems and processes for partnership engagements.
- Leads after-action reviews and continuous improvement efforts to refine systems and structures for partnerships and services.
- Leverage best practices for strengthening relationships to ensure the development of long-term, high-quality partnerships.
- Conduct market research and landscape analysis to support growth targets and strategy.
Systems and Processes
- Manage and maintain ELSF’s customer relationship management (CRM) system–Zoho–by ensuring records are up-to-date.
- Establish tools and processes for recording and responding to current and prospective clients.
- Identify gaps in processes and solve for them, and create new processes alongside the Director.
- In collaboration with the Operations team, set up ELSF vendor status in key states.
- Use data analysis and market research to identify opportunities for new, high-impact partnerships.
- Continuously improve the content review process by providing feedback and recommendations, in addition to thinking through risk mitigation.
Impact and Goals
- Improve data collection and reporting across projects and initiatives by ensuring impact indicators are in place to gauge the e ectiveness of projects.
- Work with the Director in ensuring organizational goals are met including tracking and gathering necessary information.
- Monitor and report key metrics for quarterly reporting on goals.
- Identify priority areas quarterly to move the work forward to achieve the intended milestones.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, education experience preferred.
- Proven ability to think analytically, strategically, and with agility to translate ideas and insights into action through coherent and viable project work.
- Extensive experience managing and coordinating teams for a collection of multiple independent projects, with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with a range of individuals in nonprofit organizations, government, foundations, and private sectors.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service skills, and partner-facing communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of technology, digital communications platforms such as Google Apps and project management software.
- Experience in sales related to service delivery a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with CRM a plus (ELSF uses Zoho as its CRM).
- Commitment to ELSF’s mission, vision, core values, theory of change, and unique positioning in the field.
$63,360 - 95,040 annually. Salary is based on experience and in order to ensure equity within the organization, ELSF does not negotiate salary. Candidates can typically expect a salary between the range minimum and the salary range midpoint. In addition, ELSF offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; and a wellness reimbursement benefit.
How to Apply
Please complete our job application. This announcement will remain posted through January 18, 2023. Aligned to our vision & mission, ELSF seeks to build a strong organizational culture, inclusive of staff that is representative of the students we ultimately seek to serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
English Learners Success Forum is a 501(c)(3) and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. ELSF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, ELSF requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law.